martedì 16 dicembre 2014

LA BOTTEGA DELLA CREATIVITA' - SPECIALE NATALE

I can’t see the trees for the forest…

Since it is a few days from Halloween, I started working on Christmas…Ha ha…gotta keep ahead of those holidays. No really, I am doing a craft show in a mere 10 days, so I am working fast and furious to get some more things done. 



Some of those things I need to get done are these stacked wool felt upcycled Christmas trees. I call them Christmas trees, but I guess they could be any type of tree. I have seen them in a few places in the blogosphere, and I made some of them last year. The circles are in 18 graduated sizes, each tree uses 2 of each size circle and they are strung together with two pieces of wire (which allows them to bend and I like to pose them like Dr. Suess-ish creations) up the center of the circles. 


Most of them are just a random assortment of colors…I try to keep a lot of green among the mix, as they are trees, of course!


I top each one with a felted wool ball. I have used different colors for the tops but I love these cream colored ones the best.



On the bottoms I put a thick layer of wool felt to hide the wires and to make them look more “professional”. 



After all, it’s all about looking professional (not!). That’s why I use the unstained deck as my background…


Oh, and I hand cut these circles out on Saturday and put the trees together on Sunday…I made 17 trees…so that means a total of at least (I had a few left over in certain sizes and I had to cut a few more of certain sizes) 612 circles and I have the blisters to prove it!

I am linking up to these great parties!

Ellen

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

se vuoi lascia un commento